Thursday, June 20, 2013

Former Australian Test and one-day cricket captain Ricky Ponting has announced he will retire from all forms of the game in October.

Ponting retired from international cricket after the Perth Test against South Africa last December, but continued playing with his state side Tasmania, IPL club the Mumbai Indians and Surrey in English cricket.The 38-year-old says he will stop playing altogether after the Champions League Twenty20 tournament in October."While I'm enjoying my cricket as much as ever, it just feels like the right time to finish playing," he told reporters in England.My body and mind are in great shape and I know I'm going to really enjoy these last few months before the next stage of life begins."He says winning the Sheffield Shield with Tasmania last summer was the perfect way to farewell Australian fans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment